Sunday, February 17, 2008

Paris : St Germain, Place Vendome, autour de Madeleine


My DH and I spent the day together exploring Paris- it was wonderful. We started with brunch at the Cafe de Flore in the very-calm upstairs dining room (which has beautiful flowers all around the windows). We'd stopped in a bookstore on our way over and we read and sipped tea and ate for over an hour.

We then headed to Charvet at the Place Vendome and before going in for my DH's late x-mas gift we spent a bit of time window-shopping at the very high-end jewelery boutiques clustered there. The main thing we saw was the complete lack of correlation between cost and elegance...

After Charvet I expected my DH to go to his office for a while, but as we passed Habitat I told him I'd get out there so I could look in the store and to my surprise he suggested we park and go together. So we went shopping in the Madeleine area for a few hours, had a drink at Bertie, and ended with Fauchon.

Afterwards we went to see the expo Eros from the Enfer collection at the Bibliotheque Nationale site Mitterand, but the line was too long so we saw Heros instead. Then went to check out movies, but other than Juno the timing wasn't good and my DH didn't want to see Juno so he proposed I stay and see it and he go home. Which made everyone happy.

A quiet dinner at home and then a classic DVD to end our impromptu day together - it was really nice.

No comments: