Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tender is the Night - F. Scott Fitzgerald

I have been working on Tender is the Night for over a month, and it's finally been completed. As is often the case when I can't get through a book - I didn't find it very good. I stopped reading for several weeks, but the book I read a few days back made me decide to push forward w Tender is the Night and it worked - once I got a bit further I was able to finish it.

I researched several reviews to see what other people thought since I really thought it was lousy, and found out that I am not alone. A lof of people besides me found the characters flat and lifeless. I didn't really care what happened to these people, so obviously I didn't want to read the rest of their stories. And in the end nothing ends well it all kind of ends sadly and in a slow mess- which might be the most realistic thing about the book.

No comments: