Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Asparagus, scallion & chicken stir-fry

I made a veggie-filled stir fry for dinner tonight. I used to make these all the time for myself, and took profit of the fact that Eric was "being good" because he had a cholesterol test in the morning, so I thought I'd give it a go. I bought a bunch of veggies at the market this weekend w this in mind, and cut them all up carefully, even through in some green beans and topped it with fresh parsley. It turned out less flavorful than the ones I used to make - in part because I didn't want to do a Chinese-soy sauce thing, and in part because I'm just completely out of practice with how to do these. Eric liked it (although his comment was that it was "girl food") but I think in the future I can make it better and more as a side dish of a mixed fresh veggie thing than the main course w chicken in it. I'd also be well-served to look through several cookbooks for some ideas...

No comments: