Saturday, April 26, 2008

La Mosquée


Tonight we went to La Mosquee for dinner. We were already walking around not too far away and it's been a long time since we've been here (and never for dinner). Couscous is one of those local cuisines that the French take for granted - it's very exotic for an American, and as I don't eat it often it's something I am still discovering. It's also kind of like pizza places or Mexican food in the US - there are a lot that are mediocre, but not many that are really good.

I made the same mistake I've made several times at a couscous restaurant - I ordered a tagine (like a stew) instead of just sticking with the basics of couscous. Luckily my DH & I had agreed to share, and luckily couscous is always quite generous - the couscous was much better than the tagine, as was the case the last time I had couscous too (which was probably about 2 years).

No comments: