Saturday, June 28, 2008

Klute


My memories of Jane Fonda are mainly about leg warmers and 80's aerobics videos (my mom was a devotee of the latter) and the somewhat frivolous (but quite entertaining) 9 to 5. I remember On Golden Pond with fairness, and I always thought the media coverage of her when married to Ted Turner seemed mean. Other

E bought Klute not too long ago (meaning it wasn't yet put away amongst 100's of DVDs) and so it had made it into the 'narrowed down' list a week ago. When looking for a film last night I suggested we stick with last week's runners-up, and we quickly agreed on Klute.

I really enjoyed the film, and in particular the acting of both Jane Fonda and also Donald Sutherland (who often barely moves a muscle in his face yet communicates so much).

No comments: