Thursday, May 8, 2008

Roasted zucchini, spring onions & peppers

Last night I also made one of my first roasted veggie dishes. I went to the epicerie across the street (as we have empty veggie bins right now) and grabbed the few things that looked decent - 2 zucchinis, a big green pepper and a bunch of the spring onions (like scallions but with big round bulbs at the bottom).

Cut them all up, threw on a few spices and popped them in the oven. An hour later I stirred them up and added some olive oil as they were drying out. Back in a lower oven until we were ready to eat - and they were DELICIOUS.

It seemed like a really elaborate dish when in fact it was totally simple. And good for dinner parties I suspect because the timing is pretty flexible.

I'll definitely be doing more roasted veggie dishes - and looking into ways to do them on the BBQ too.

No comments: