Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Red lentil and beet soup

I wanted to have a place to note the recipes I've made, and this seems like a good choice. When they're from the web I can link them.

Today was from a magazine, "cuisine by" with Cyril Lignac. I made a few adjustments. I added about 50 g more lentils because what would I do w 50 g of leftover lentils? I accidentally used a soup spoon of curry powder when I was supposed to just use a cafe spoon, but in the end it was good - not too spicy at all. The French are spice wimps. I also added one grated raw beet. Why? Because I had it, and I wanted to use it, and I figured it would be good in a soup. I'd seen another recipe for red lentil soup that used shredded carrots, but we don't have carrots in the house, so I used beet, but with a different recipe. It turned out to be really good - and really thick (I kind of forgot it on the stove).

No comments: